Is one masters more relevant than the other?

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
nomnom

Is one masters more relevant than the other?

Post by nomnom » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello,

As some of you will know, I am in the process of applying to masters this year :D Initially, I thought that Health Psychology would be ideal for masters because if in the near future, I wanted to pursue a career other than Clinical Psychology - I could do my stage 2 training for Health.

However, now I'm wondering whether a masters in Clinical Psychology or alike would be/considered to be more relevant when applying for clinical doctorate training?

I know there are other factors to consider, which I have already looked at but this issue seems to be concerning me the most.

So, what do you guys think?

Thank you in advance :)
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

Carebear

Re: Is one masters more relevant than the other?

Post by Carebear » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:44 am

Hi there nomnom, welcome to the forum!

This subject has been discussed pretty extensively on the site - if you use the search function above you should find lots of relevant discussions. I think the general gist of most conversations about this is that if you do choose to do a Masters (and there are also lots of threads on the pros and cons of doing one generally), you should choose one that genuinely interests you as you are likely to get more out of it.

HTH

Carebear.