IOP Mental Health Studies MSc

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
emmajaneelizabeth

IOP Mental Health Studies MSc

Post by emmajaneelizabeth » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi all,

I applied to the IOP for the above Masters courses mid-January. I just wondered if anyone knew an average time it takes before anyone hears back from the King's application lot? I know it's only been a few weeks/these things take time but just wondering as I keep refreshing my email on my phone in the hope haha :)

Thanks!
Emma.

emmajaneelizabeth

Re: IOP Mental Health Studies MSc

Post by emmajaneelizabeth » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Also if anyone has done this MSc and has advice on it you could offer, it'd be hugely appreciated! :) x

Morningstar

Post by Morningstar » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi emmajane

This thread might help answer some of your questions: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1015&hilit=Msc+ment ... th+studies

JaeRo09

Post by JaeRo09 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi Emma Jane,

Hope this is useful. Got it directly from King's website under Applying, Fees and Funding:

MHSP offer a proportion of places at the beginning of each month, starting from January. The Programme operates a system called 'gathered fields' which is commonly used for popular postgraduate courses because it helps ensure the best candidates receive offers, as opposed to 'first come first served'. This means that if you just miss a gathered field (i.e. apply early in the month) you will hear the outcome of your application at the next one (i.e. start of the next month).

bells90

Post by bells90 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:00 pm

I graduated from this course last month. As the above post says, it's done on a month by month basis. I think I applied march-time and heard back in May. Two of my friends from my undergraduate course applied shortly after me, and got accepted before I did :evil:.