Conversion course , please help!

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
raglangirl

Re: Conversion course , please help!

Post by raglangirl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:55 am

Hi,

Just came across this thread and was just wondering how you are finding the conversion course at MMU? Or did anyone do the one at Leeds?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks x

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
cdw28

Post by cdw28 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:32 am

I know this is an older thread now but was just wondering how you got on at MMU? I've applied for the conversion course(full time) and I'd be interested to hear your experiences? I'm also keen to find out more about the workload.

mungle

Post by mungle » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:28 pm

There is a conversion course at Leeds Trinity University that has a specific module in clinical psychology.

mungle

Post by mungle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Leeds Trinity Uni still have some places on their conversion course for this year.

Maria85

Post by Maria85 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi guys, I am thinking of doing the 1-year MMU conversion degree, does anyone have more recent information about it?
Any research experience in clinical psychology offered after the MSc (maybe after having done the thesis in a relevant area?) :)

Seb

Post by Seb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 am

Hey, I'm currently doing the Conversion Course at MMU (part time - I'm in my 1st year). I'm enjoying it so far! The course is interesting, and the tutors are good. They expect you to do the majority of the work independently - including essay planning, lots of extra reading etc. I wouldn't recommend doing it full time if you're working a lot alongside it, I know a few people are really struggling. All the course books are online so, apart from the course fees, you don't have to pay for anything which is handy.

As for experience, it's just the MSc, no placements offered. You do have to complete a dissertation which is good research experience but if you want professional experience, I suggest you do the course then apply for AP or RA roles.

Happy to answer any other questions you have :)