Msc Psychological Therapy in Primary Care 2017

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
sazza

Msc Psychological Therapy in Primary Care 2017

Post by sazza » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Hey!

It's nearly that time of year again, so I thought I'd kick off a new thread for the 2017 intake :)

Hope everyone is well and any past students lurking, hello! *waves*

Sazz

jessicaaaa

Re: Msc Psychological Therapy in Primary Care 2017

Post by jessicaaaa » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi Sazza!
I'll also be applying this year! This will be my first attempt *gulp*
Good Luck to you! And may the odds be ever in our favour :mrgreen:
Jess

Toria2013

Post by Toria2013 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:14 am

Hi All. This will be my first year applying too! Has anyone found the NHS forms to complete yet? They don't appear to be on the UKPASS application and the UofS just sends you back to the UoD which doesn't appear to have links to them either? I know i'm a bit keen! But would like to see the questions as they are the ones that put me off applying before! Thanks.

labrador

Post by labrador » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi everyone!

I'll be applying this year too and i'm in the same boat as Toria. I've registered for UKPASS and entered all of the tedious bits of information but i'm struggling to find the NHS forms anywhere. I've trawled the Stirling and Dundee websites to no avail.

fairydust

Post by fairydust » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:45 pm

From what I remember, the link to the NHS forms was somewhere on the UK PASS page where you uploaded all the supporting documents. Good luck with your applications :)

Psyfer

Post by Psyfer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:31 am

I assume we are supposed to fill in our Highers/A level qualifications on the UK Pass website. Does anyone know if they also want to see our GCSE results? (The UK exams we do when 16 for anyone who is in Scotland).

jessicaaaa

Post by jessicaaaa » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:26 pm

I think this is a link to the page that has all of supporting docs:

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/admissions/ptpcforms/

labrador

Post by labrador » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:19 pm

jessicaaaa wrote:I think this is a link to the page that has all of supporting docs:

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/admissions/ptpcforms/

Thanks for that. On UKPASS there seems to be two course codes, do you know which one is correct?

jessicaaaa

Post by jessicaaaa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Says "P060050" on the Dundee website labrador. I am going with that!

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/pg/psycho ... mary-care/

craftylady

Post by craftylady » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi

Thanks for posting a link to the forms! I don't think I'd have found them on my own. Now that I've found them I can't find where I would attach them on the UKPASS form. I haven't finished filling it all in but I was trying to work out where I would put them once I'm done and I just can't see. Maybe I'm just being a bit silly but can anyone help?!

fairydust

Post by fairydust » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:48 pm

craftylady wrote:Hi

Thanks for posting a link to the forms! I don't think I'd have found them on my own. Now that I've found them I can't find where I would attach them on the UKPASS form. I haven't finished filling it all in but I was trying to work out where I would put them once I'm done and I just can't see. Maybe I'm just being a bit silly but can anyone help?!
7. Return to your UKPASS application form, and attach the foms you have completed to the relevant questions in the Supplementary Information section, and the References sections.

labrador

Post by labrador » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm still struggling a bit with the reference forms. As far as I understand it we have to provide an academic and an experience reference to both the university and the NHS, but I can only see the forms for the NHS? I know we can use the same referees for both aspects but it isn't the same forms that we use, is it?

craftylady

Post by craftylady » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Yeah I saw that I should upload to the supplementary information where asked to. The questions asked in supplementary information on UKPASS that I can see are:
1. Have you had any previous contact with the University of Dundee (enquired or applied before, or are a current or previous student, or member of staff)? Please give brief details including your enquiry, application, matriculation or staff id number.

2. Please upload copies of your qualification certificates (degree, transcripts, English Language as appropriate), translated into English where relevant. Note: please combine all the separate qualifications into a single PDF file for upload.

3. For Overseas Applicants only: 1) indicate whether you require an additional English Language Programme and give dates when you are available; 2) Please provide your Passport Number, to enable us to respond to any visa or other enquiries.

This is all there is. There isn't any question asking for the other forms or a place to upload them. I went to UKPASS through the Dundee website, is anyone else having this problem?

Inschp

Post by Inschp » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:57 am

Hi all, is anyone else having problems with the formatting of the NHS application form? I thought I'd type my info in and it seems there are no options to insert pages etc.

Thanks

Pauline

MisC

Post by MisC » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi!

Thank you so much for posting the link to the NHS forms I too would have never found them, despite calling Dundee postgrad admissions and UKPASS who both didnt know either. I now cant find where to upload the NHS forms on UKPASS, this really isnt going well so far :?