MSc Psychological Therapy in Primary Care 2018

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
peti

MSc Psychological Therapy in Primary Care 2018

Post by peti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Hello everyone!

I know it’s a bit early, but I thought I’d start off a new thread for the 2018 intake :)

This is my first time posting on this forum *hello* and it will be my second time applying for the course. Looking forward to discussing the application process with you all :wink:

Very best of luck to everyone!

x

jessicaaaa

Re: MSc Psychological Therapy in Primary Care 2018

Post by jessicaaaa » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi Peti!

Thanks for starting this thread!
I'll be applying this year too, and it will also be my second time applying (hehe snap!)
Good luck to you too :) !

peti

Post by peti » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi Jessicaaaa!

Glad to be talking to another aspiring CAAP! I wish you all the best with your application! :wink:

I was just wondering, did you manage to start the application process yet? When I try it reports an error :?

Thanks,
Peti xx

jessicaaaa

Post by jessicaaaa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:55 pm

I haven't tried it yet but everyone else I have asked hasn't been able to access it (at least four people I know have tried unsuccessfully). So looks like it's a technical glitch for everyone maybe? I'm feeling for the folks co-ordinating the application process, no doubt they'll have quite a few "arrghh I can't get it to work"-type e-mails to look at on Monday morning! I'll give an update if I find out anything has changed :) !

peti

Post by peti » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Eeek, it's working!
Good luck! :)

shakti

Post by shakti » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:10 am

Where I can find an application form?do i follow the ucass thing to fin it?

peti

Post by peti » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi Shakti!

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/pg/psych ... pplication

You click on the link 'Apply Now' and it should redirect you to UKPASS page where you sign in (or register if you haven't already). That should then take you through to the beginning of the application process and you just follow the instructions there.

Hope that helps :wink:

Peti x

marcres

Post by marcres » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi!

Thanks for starting a thread for this year's MSc applications! I am also applying for the first time this year and working my way through the application forms right now.

I hope you don't mind if I start my first post with a question :roll:

In the section for the work experience on the NHS form, there's a column that asks for "Details and reason for leaving". I assume by details they mean details about the work? If so, the space here is really narrow, how much are we meant to put in here?

Does anybody know if they will look at both the UKPASS and NHS form together? Or does one go to the uni and the other to the NHS? I've emailed Karen on Monday about this but haven't heard back from her.

Thanks and happy applying :mrgreen:

Andrew54

Post by Andrew54 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi :)

This is my first year applying and just wanted to ask if anyone is having a problem uploading the documents?

Thanks everyone Andrew

peti

Post by peti » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:17 pm

marcres wrote: In the section for the work experience on the NHS form, there's a column that asks for "Details and reason for leaving". I assume by details they mean details about the work? If so, the space here is really narrow, how much are we meant to put in here?
Hi Marcres!
I thought that they only want us to state the reason for leaving, but now I'm not too sure anymore :? Please, do let us know if you hear back from Karen regarding this!
marcres wrote: Does anybody know if they will look at both the UKPASS and NHS form together? Or does one go to the uni and the other to the NHS? I've emailed Karen on Monday about this but haven't heard back from her.
The way I understand it is that one gets sent to the uni and the other to the NHS.

Good luck with your application process! :wink:

peti

Post by peti » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Andrew54 wrote:Hi :)

This is my first year applying and just wanted to ask if anyone is having a problem uploading the documents?

Thanks everyone Andrew
Hi Andrew!

Did you convert your documents to PDF? Try merging all your documents into one big pdf to upload and that should work.

Good luck! :mrgreen:

flogan1

Post by flogan1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:38 pm

I got a reply from Karen about the "Details and reason for leaving post" on the NHS forms. She said just to keep it brief and that they have to use the standardised NHS forms - but no information on what details they want....

Andrew54

Post by Andrew54 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:21 pm

peti wrote:
Andrew54 wrote:Hi :)

Thanks everyone Andrew
Hi Andrew!

Did you convert your documents to PDF? Try merging all your documents into one big pdf to upload and that should work.

Good luck! :mrgreen:
Hi peti

Yes I have converted them all to PDF and as one upload but its still not working.
Andrew

flogan1

Post by flogan1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:18 pm

This might be a silly question but does Graduate membership with the BPS count as a Professional Qualification?
What is the difference between Graduate membership and Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership?

Thanks

marcres

Post by marcres » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:33 pm

I wouldn't say it counts as a professional qualification as you're not yet chartered. You need to do professional or postgraduate training for that.

From what I understand the Graduate membership and Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership should be the same unless perhaps the course you did didn't cover the areas needed for chartered membership.