Newcastle Trainee PWP Funded/Self-Funded ADVICE

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
mnic

Newcastle Trainee PWP Funded/Self-Funded ADVICE

Post by mnic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:15 pm

I have recently been offered a *self-funded* place on the Low Intensity Trainee PWP course at Newcastle (September 2018 entry).

I really want to do this course, but I am reluctant to accept this place until I have exhausted all funding options. The idea was to apply for funded places for this course (on NHS jobs) and only accept the self-funded place as a last option. But the funded places still haven't been advertised. And I don't want to leave my self-funded placement hanging any longer (there is no deadline per se but I can't dodge their emails forever).

I haven't even been shortlisted for a funded place from any other area, so maybe I should just count myself lucky and accept the self-funded place (it's the exact same course after all).

Does anyone have any experience with self-funded and funded places at Newcastle, or any advice about what I should do?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf