Which conversion MSc?

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
Charimito

Which conversion MSc?

Post by Charimito » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:58 am

I've applied and been accepted at Brunel, Exeter and Plymouth. Exeter is my first choice BUT they're accreditation is still pending. I've emailed both the Uni and BPS and they haven't given me any clear answers. I'm torn between just studying at Brunel (which is online) and waiting a year until the accreditation is a done thing.

Geishawife
Team Member

Re: Which conversion MSc?

Post by Geishawife » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:29 pm

The way things are at present, with COVID and the academic world being pretty topsy turvy, you probably won't lose much by waiting for accreditation and doing the course you think suits you best. Plus, you could be gaining valuable experience in the intervening time. That said, are you certain accreditation will be granted by next year? If not, you will have waited a year for no good reason. So, whilst I would generally advise going for the course that you think suits you best just make sure the course will be accredited by the time you start.

Charimito

Post by Charimito » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:13 am

Thank you! Exeter (and even BPS) for that matter are sure it's a matter of months/weeks. However BPS said that in 6 months there's a committee meeting and their standards might change , if that were to happen they wouldn't be able to do backdate the accreditation. I think it's pretty safe to say it will definitely happen by Oct 2021

lunathecat

Post by lunathecat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Depends - are you looking to get it done quickly to move onto further things in psych? If so I'd go with whatever is accredited now. If you're not in any particular rush and really want to study at Exeter, I'd wait it out. I just finished my conversion and now work as a PWP! Conversion was super demanding so would definitely recommend the course that you're most interested in (if you have one that you are)