Educational Psychology

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
choirgirl

Re: Educational Psychology

Post by choirgirl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Posting this on behalf of a colleague who works in that service; I will also place it in the Jobs section of the main forum.

--------------------------------------

A fixed-term vacancy for a Graduate Psychologist is currently being advertised within Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire EPS (a Local Authority service).

Details, including a contact number for enquiries, can be found via this link to Telford & Wrekin Council's website: http://jobs.telford.gov.uk/jobdetails.asp?jobid=13569 This is suitable for graduates with a psychology degree (or equivalent) who are interested in building experience in order to apply for doctoral training and pursue a career in Educational Psychology. Closing date is 29th January 2014.

--------------------------------------
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach

st3vie

Post by st3vie » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Kent Educational Psychology Service is holding a free day for people interested in becoming an EP and the work of EPs within the Kent Local Authority. (Friday 6th June 2014, 9.30am-4pm)

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/educational-psycho ... st_day.pdf
"The brain is wider than the sky." - Emily Dickinson

beckglazz

Post by beckglazz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:59 am

Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for an interview onto the doctorate programme?! I dont even know if i'm looking at the right things!!!

Charlott3

Post by Charlott3 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:59 am

I don't have any tips I'm afraid as I'm still hoping to get an interview! I guess we have to try and prepare as if we are going to get one though, so I am very interested in what response you get. I found a reading list somewhere (maybe on Facebook) so maybe I'll start with that? I've taken a screenshot of the list so can share if I can work out how...

JB91

Post by JB91 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been watching this thread for a while and thought I'd wish good luck to everyone who (like me) are anxiously awaiting updates on their applications! Should be hearing back in 2/3 weeks?

:pale:

EP2be

Post by EP2be » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:06 pm

I cant BELIEVE we've been waiting a month and 2 weeks!!!!

Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:59 pm

It's *such* a painful process- I feel like I am reliving last year vicariously through your current experiences!

Any Tavi applicants out there? :D
Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.
Kurt Vonnegut

JB91

Post by JB91 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:07 am

I looked at Tavi but ended up applying to Southampton, UCL and IOE! Where have other people applied? :)

beckglazz

Post by beckglazz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:19 pm

I applied to Birmingham, bristol and Nottingham and have fortunately been offered an interview at bristol and Nottingham. Its a month away and I'm so nervous already!!!

JB91

Post by JB91 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:11 am

Ah congratulations! :D You heard back really quickly :o Judging from previous years applicants normally hear back around mid February? Did you receive a letter or was it just updated online?

sionedgriffiths

Post by sionedgriffiths » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Applied to Manchester and Birmingham as an alternative to Cardiff.. Not short-listed for Manchester :(, but I have just checked the website and have been invited for interview at Birmingham! Has anyone else heard back?

jimjam

Post by jimjam » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi, I'm a little late in signing up to this thread but I have an interview on Monday and I'm panicking just a little bit!
I know we aren't allowed to ask specific questions but I'm just wondering how detailed they would expect us to know a theory we talk about in a presentation.
I haven't mentioned anything as basic as the stuff we did at degree level but I've decided on one I've read about in a book I found (which I'm scared to mention for fear of getting kicked out!) and am having a last minute panic that its too complicated and in my nervousness I'll not be able to explain it properly!
HELP!

JB91

Post by JB91 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:35 pm

How did the interview go?! :)

scisci

Post by scisci » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi all

I have just found out that I have been invited for interview at Tavistock! On the education.gov.uk website it only says that, I haven't received a letter from Tavistock yet so I have no idea when the interview is! Does anybody here know? And I've been looking on Tavi's website to check, but the course is not listed anymore, there is only the Professional doctorate for qualified psychologists! That's very odd, maybe I'm not looking in the right place? Any help would be appreciated :)

Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

Congrats Scisci! You're right, the page for the doctorate has disappeared! The Tavi might just be updating the page, there's been a lot of work done on their website recently. I might give the IT people a nudge...

Tavi applicants might find this helpful if they haven't already seen it:

http://www.tavistockandportman.ac.uk/si ... 202014.pdf
Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.
Kurt Vonnegut