Well today Im applying for a PhD

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts
DrFurbs

Well today Im applying for a PhD

Post by DrFurbs » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Heres the List , what floats your boat? These are the ones I'm looking over. This is a pretty big step for me, so I'm rightly so very nervous about this. Will also be applying for a Msc in Applied Behaviour Analysis as backup but that's part time 2-3 years :(

Childhood trauma, social withdrawal and isolation, and psychosis: testing the social deafferentation hypothesis

Early environmental influences on psychosis

Populations based models of childhood trauma and hallucinations

Deprivation in Northern Ireland and the impact on mental health disorders

The development of resilience and emotional intelligence in young carers

Child play patterns and the development of health and social behaviour patterns

jbbelfast

Re: Well today Im applying for a PhD

Post by jbbelfast » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:04 am

Hi DrFurbs,

I'm searching the forum to find out some information related to educational psychology and behaviour analysis. Its been a few years since your post so im clutching at straws here, but can I ask how you ended up. Did you successfully get onto the behaviour analysis or PhD course?

All the best!

sar302

Re: Well today Im applying for a PhD

Post by sar302 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:12 pm

My background is in Education and I spent a year doing Applied Behaviour Analysis. Didn't end up doing the Madters as I couldn't afford it (earning £15,000 living in central London was not really viable!) so went off to be an AP instead. Knew a few people doing if though, so if you have any questions you're welcome to PM me!
Never assume that the other fellow has the intelligence to match yours... he may have more...