Clinical Associate in Applied Psychology applicants 2022

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
ronan

Clinical Associate in Applied Psychology applicants 2022

Post by ronan »

Hi everyone! I applied for the CAAPs Dundee and Stirling course and waiting to hear any news. Just looking for anyone out there in the same boat? I haven't seen many posts about 2022 intake yet. Also will be super interested to hear about any experience from previous or current trainees!
Lewisly

Re: Clinical Associate in Applied Psychology applicants 2022

Post by Lewisly »

Hi!

I've applied as well, got my interview tomorrow - only got the email about it a week ago, appreciate the short notice! Did you hear anything? I'veread a few of the old threads here with feedback from people, and it sounds like knowledge based not experience based questions, which i'll be honest leaves me just as unclear. Im not sure what areas of knowledge they would ask about, would it just be cognitive and behavioural theory I wonder? Anyone fancy sharing tips would be enormously appreciated!
Lewisly

Post by Lewisly »

Hey again. I just had my interview today and wanted to just post a couple of things I found extremely helpful and some very basic feedbak. I benefited so much from the other posts on the forum, so wanted to just add my little contribution in case anyone else stumbled across this thread. If im being too specific about interview questions please do delete, or let me know and I'll edit!

It was 25 mins long though, and as others said there was very little time to answer the questions but you could definitely say everything you wanted by trying to be concise. There were 5 questions, and again as said elsewhere they were all very specific and multipart, and required you to draw upon a few areas: your experience and how it was relevant, your understanding of theory and application, your motivation, and how you would deal with potential scenarios.

There's also a youtuber (of course there is!) who posts about her interview and work experiences, and though not directly applicable, I found really helpful in terms of tone and approach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNeY1P1zQME

Good luck to everyone!
ronan

Post by ronan »

Thank you so much for sharing this, that was really helpful. Yes, the prospect of knowledge-based questions is stressing me out a little! Thanks for posting that video too - I will have a look at that. My interview is next wednesday - already feeling the nerves!
gin

Post by gin »

Hiya! I also applied and had my interview around 2 weeks ago. Did anyone hear back on their place?
ronan

Post by ronan »

Hey - no I've not heard anything. I think they said we would hear back today, or was it some time this week?
gin

Post by gin »

Yeah I think they said today… Anyone got an interview for child CAAP as well?
VeePsych

Post by VeePsych »

I remember them saying it would be this week, not necessarily yesterday! So we have until friday 5 PM to keep refreshing emails :P
creamsoda145

Post by creamsoda145 »

Hello☺️ I had my interview on Wednesday the 6th and also haven’t heard back yet - last years successful applicants heard on the Wednesday so hopefully the same this year!
VeePsych

Post by VeePsych »

Offers are out !! I have been offered a place in Dumfries and Galloway ! Hope everyone gets good news :)

PS: I don't know if this is allowed, but I've created a chat for this cohort, message me for the link if you want :)
gin

Post by gin »

Well done! Congrats! I got a place at Fife NHS (I’m shocked, I thought the interview was bad!) , does anyone know what services in Fife offer the placement?
ronan

Post by ronan »

Oh well done guys! That's amazing news for you. I've not heard anything and not getting my hopes up :(
creamsoda145

Post by creamsoda145 »

Well done - that’s fantastic news! I’ve also not heard anything back so I reckon that’s not good news, might re-apply next year☺️
creamsoda145

Post by creamsoda145 »

I just got an offer through for Glasgow🥳 they must still be sending out invites so keep refreshing your emails!
ronan

Post by ronan »

That's amazing well done !!