Trainee Mental Health Workers in London

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
FreudianSlips

Re: Trainee Mental Health Workers in London

Post by FreudianSlips » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 pm

When we interviewed, most were suited and booted.

GMT

Post by GMT » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:28 am

:D I was there too today. I met at least one of you...
“What is to give light must endure burning.” - Dr. Viktor Frankl

Taira87

Post by Taira87 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Sorry again if this has already been covered, but what are the hours for the job (on placement)? Is it Monday to Friday 9-5? Or is it shift work?

Thanks

HappyChappy

Post by HappyChappy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Has anyone heard anything back yet? :D

Inara

Post by Inara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Yes! I've been invited to interview! Finally things are looking up on the job front :D
"No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing."
Anton Chekhov

HappyChappy

Post by HappyChappy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Me too. Congrats Asla and good luck. 8-)

I have a question. Was the 900 they said they'd be paying us before or after tax?

GMT

Post by GMT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 pm

I got invited too. Training is during office hours, but placements will sometimes be shift work. Anyone know when the actual start date is? Reading back over it, it says March, and I have to give 4 weeks notice at my current job :S

Inara

Post by Inara » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:09 pm

HappyChappy wrote:Me too. Congrats Asla and good luck. 8-)

I have a question. Was the 900 they said they'd be paying us before or after tax?
Thank you Happy Chappy and good luck to you too! From my understanding its around £900 pretax so dependent on your tax codes and which trust you end up in it works out to roughly £750-£800. I might very well be wrong but thats what I calculated before applying to it to see if I can survive on the wage. Again, don't quote me on this but I think successful candidates might be eligible for council tax redemption and discount with TfL.
GMT wrote:I got invited too. Training is during office hours, but placements will sometimes be shift work. Anyone know when the actual start date is? Reading back over it, it says March, and I have to give 4 weeks notice at my current job :S
Congratulations to you too!! Thank you for clarifying the hours.I have a memory of the 25th of March but again not 100% sure. Someone did raise the issue of giving notice to employers but as this doesn't apply to me I kinda switched off a little bit during the answer :oops: . Sorry I'm not much help! However, when I was in a similar situation I was able to use my remaining annual leave days I had to make up for the notice period. Its well worth speaking to HR or your manager to explain the situation.
"No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing."
Anton Chekhov

GMT

Post by GMT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 pm

They didn't specify the start date then. They said it was a short notice period, but it had never been an issue for anyone before....

bells90

Post by bells90 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 am

Congrats everyone on getting through to the interview stage! I got an interview too :D! I'm pretty sure at the talk they said the course is set to begin on the 29th March.

Inara

Post by Inara » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 pm

The 29th is a Friday. Would they start the course on a Friday? Oh maybe an induction day or something...?
Anton Chekhov

Davina56

Post by Davina56 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:55 pm

I thought it was starting 23rd March?

HappyChappy

Post by HappyChappy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:57 pm

It's the 25th March. There's a FAQ section on the NHS Jobs website for this role and it states it there :D

HappyChappy

Post by HappyChappy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 am

Anyone got any interview tips and possible questions we can prepare for? :D

Inara

Post by Inara » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 am

Soooooo... how did it go today guys?
I'm obsessing that it was over and done with in 15mins and desperately trying to convince myself I've finally managed to overcome my needless waffling in interviews :roll:
Anton Chekhov