Research Proposal?

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
nomnom

Research Proposal?

Post by nomnom » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi guys,

I am in the process of applying for masters :D

However, I have no idea where to get inspiration or ideas from for the research proposal? No clue as to whether I should contact the department as for the areas in which staff specialize in either...

How do I go about getting a research proposal together??

Thank you :)
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

ell

Re: Research Proposal?

Post by ell » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi nomnom,

Welcome to the forum! I know you've been in chat already, but it's great to see you here as well!

About your question... well, have you tried the search function yet? I imagine something like research proposals have been discussed before.

I also found this link, which might give you a structure to hang things from: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=146

I think contacting the university staff about their research interests is a good start. Maybe have a look on the university website to see what staff's special interests are, then choose the topics you like the look of and get in touch with those staff members. Chances are they have some piece of research they want to do, and your MSc research project could be part of that.

Good luck with it all!

L