Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
PSUE
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by PSUE » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:41 pm

I had mine today too. I thought the questions were really specific and I struggled to understand the reasoning behind some of them. So not overly confident about my chances!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Kelvin
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Kelvin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:56 pm

PSUE wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:41 pm
I had mine today too. I thought the questions were really specific and I struggled to understand the reasoning behind some of them. So not overly confident about my chances!
There was one question I'm still a bit wtf was that about :lol:

Now the agonising wait starts again!

BlackMamba
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by BlackMamba » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:00 pm

The questions were more knowledge based rather than experience. I like talking about myself so I wasn't very impressed with the questions hahaha

aphra
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:29 pm

BlackMamba wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:00 pm
The questions were more knowledge based rather than experience. I like talking about myself so I wasn't very impressed with the questions hahaha
I know what you mean!
Different to a regular style of interview.

Fingers crossed for everyone!!!
Hopefully we'll all get to meet in person in January :D

Kelvin
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Kelvin » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Anyone rate the chances of hearing anything today?

PSUE
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by PSUE » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:23 pm

I reckon it'll be Tues ha!

Kelvin
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Kelvin » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:28 pm

I think I'm getting carpal tunnel from checking :D

PSUE
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by PSUE » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Haha yeah- I definitely get what you mean!

Scokacola
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Scokacola » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:52 pm

I keep checking too! The more I think about it the less confident I become too. I heard in 2017 they found out on the Friday of the interview week but I think last year it was the Tuesday/Wednesday.

Kelvin
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Kelvin » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 pm

I feel like we can write today off now! I almost don't want to see an email, especially if I can see the word regret anywhere in it. Every time I think about my interview I totally cringe.

Scokacola
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Scokacola » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Yeah I doubt it will be today, I reckon that is very wishful thinking. I know I think regret is my least favourite word! why do you cringe?? I bet it wasnt that bad :) I just dont know why when I go into interviews I get so nervous and turn into a waffling mess haha! I think I fluffed up a bit on the ethics part, I knew exactly what I wanted to say but it didnt come out the way I wanted at all!

JamieFerrie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by JamieFerrie » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi guys (current trainee here),

Well done to those of you that interviewed! Just to say if similar to last year, you'll likely find out mon-weds next week if all goes right I imagine. Very easy to criticise your performance in the interview but you can never be too certain with these things, so try and enjoy the weekend :)

Scokacola
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Scokacola » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 am

Hi Jamie, Thanks for letting us know, hopefully it is sooner rather than later! It was a very different style interview to what I have been used to so definitely easy to criticise! Have you enjoy training so far?

aphra
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:50 pm

JamieFerrie wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi guys (current trainee here),

Well done to those of you that interviewed! Just to say if similar to last year, you'll likely find out mon-weds next week if all goes right I imagine. Very easy to criticise your performance in the interview but you can never be too certain with these things, so try and enjoy the weekend :)
Thanks Jamie! :D

JamieFerrie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by JamieFerrie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Scokacola wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 am
Hi Jamie, Thanks for letting us know, hopefully it is sooner rather than later! It was a very different style interview to what I have been used to so definitely easy to criticise! Have you enjoy training so far?
Yes it’s been a really interesting (and very quick) year with both what you learn on course and what you learn on placement! Quite a few of us were thrown off by the knowledge-heavy style but something to bear in mind for future interviews :) good luck and fingers crossed for all of you!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest