Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
angrylittlebee
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by angrylittlebee » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 pm

I don’t know the exact figures but I think they interview around 75 people each year for 25-30 places. The actual interview part is only half an hour and apparently they are quite good at sticking to it.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
aphra
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:52 pm

I think there are about 30 places. And that interviews are from 7-10 October, so four days total.
I'm wondering if they might have several interviews going on simultaneously on those days?
(I'm assuming that there are at least 2-4 interviews being done for each of the places, so time-wise it'd make sense)

aphra
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:53 pm

angrylittlebee wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 pm
I don’t know the exact figures but I think they interview around 75 people each year for 25-30 places. The actual interview part is only half an hour and apparently they are quite good at sticking to it.
Oh true, forgot that the actual interview part is only 30 mins!

BlackMamba
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by BlackMamba » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm

Yea 30 minutes interview, 30 mum written exercise. Writing a letter? What's that about?

Kelvin
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Kelvin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:19 pm

What health boards did everyone put down as top choices? Annoying we won't know which ones will be there! I put Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Ayrshire

aphra
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:18 pm

BlackMamba wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm
Yea 30 minutes interview, 30 mum written exercise. Writing a letter? What's that about?
Looking through my notes from the open day, Will Goodall said following the interview there'll be:
* a short test on research methodology & statistics [covering basic core concepts] (15 mins)
* followed by writing test where we're given info and need to write a synopsis & a letter (20 mins)

aphra
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:20 pm

Kelvin wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:19 pm
What health boards did everyone put down as top choices? Annoying we won't know which ones will be there! I put Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Ayrshire
Yeah, I know! Would be good to know in advance. Oh well...
I put Lothian, Fife, & Borders.

BlackMamba
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by BlackMamba » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 pm

I've put Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Forth Valley. Aw thanks for the info on the written exercise. I think it will be good!

greymatter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by greymatter » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:55 pm

I got an interview for the 7th! Has anyone ever been able to change the time/day of the interview? Mine is at a bit of a tricky time for me to get to so I'm not sure if it's worth emailing to see if it can be changed. If not, I'll make it work somehow. Still can't believe I even got an interview!

PSUE
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by PSUE » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:20 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to claim expenses for travel to the interview? I think it was mentioned on a forum thread previously.

aphra
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:26 pm

PSUE wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:20 pm
Does anyone know if it is possible to claim expenses for travel to the interview? I think it was mentioned on a forum thread previously.
I don't think I've seen that mentioned anywhere... could be wrong though.
In other interviews I've done they've put that info in the invite email, but didn't see that for this one.

Probably worth checking with Karen, though?

aphra
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by aphra » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:30 pm

greymatter wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:55 pm
I got an interview for the 7th! Has anyone ever been able to change the time/day of the interview? Mine is at a bit of a tricky time for me to get to so I'm not sure if it's worth emailing to see if it can be changed. If not, I'll make it work somehow. Still can't believe I even got an interview!
Congrats greymatter!!
I've not heard whether a time/date change is possible, but hopefully yes! :)

BlackMamba
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by BlackMamba » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Good luck to peeps today! :)

PSUE
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by PSUE » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Aye, good luck to everyone!

Kelvin
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Msc in psychological therapies in Primary care

Post by Kelvin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Anyone interviewed yet? Had mine today, feel like my brain has melted. Fairly sure I won't be getting on this year, fluffed it a bit! But was less of a nervous wreck than I expected so some positives! Good luck for the rest of the interviewees this week

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests