PWP PG Cert interview.

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
Sinitta

PWP PG Cert interview.

Post by Sinitta » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 am

Good morning everyone,

I was offered a trainee PWP role after three and a half years of applying (yay) and I have an interview with the PG Cert tutors tomorrow. I am told it is a group presentation followed by 30 minute one-to-one interviews.

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

I feel like they will obviously want to see my certificates and discuss whether I can handle the workload/training and why I want to access the course. Just wondering if I’m missing anything. I’m not after exact questions or trying to cheat, just wondering if I’m preparing correctly.

Thank you.

Sinitta

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
mungle

Re: PWP PG Cert interview.

Post by mungle » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:39 pm

HI Sinitta,

You're not asking for and the rules of this forum don't allow the sharing of interview questions (and that would lead to unfairness and potentially not the best person being selected) but I can talk in general terms of preparation.

Before any such interview you might want to re-visit why you want the job and what you will offer to the service. What can you research about the client group and the local area e.g. does that population face particular challenges? How does this affect why you want the job and why you're a good fit?

How will you manage high case-load, low-intensity model, working under supervision and working whilst also studying?

Can you research current important directions in IAPT services and the NHS.

What do you think will be the service manager's main concerns when selecting people and what do you offer for this?

It is always good practice to have reflected on some cases and be able to talk about what went well, what didn't, what you learnt about yourself and your practice and what you would do differently another time. You can use reflective models such as Gibbs' reflective cycle, Kolb or Jenny Moon's levels of reflection to structure such reflection.

Also, ensure that any language you use is reflective of your values.

Good luck.

Sinitta

Re: PWP PG Cert interview.

Post by Sinitta » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:50 pm

Hi Mungle,

Thanks for the response, it’s helpful. I think the university course interview is not too dissimilar from the trainee PWP interview, but I think you’re right that there will be a focus on reflection, supervision and workload.

Thanks for the luck :)

Sinitta