Interview- Mental Health Support Worker

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
juliam69

Interview- Mental Health Support Worker

Post by juliam69 »

I just received an invitation for an interview from the NHS. The position is 'Neighbourhood Mental Health Team Support Worker' and I was wondering if anyone could share any tips for preparing for an interview for similar posts and in NHS. I have only ever interviewed for hospitality jobs, so I am definitely stressed. Any tips for what to research, how to prepare would be very appreciated!
jazzydwi

Re: Interview- Mental Health Support Worker

Post by jazzydwi »

My main advice would be to have a good look over the job description and person spec - do they mention particular skills or models of working?
Think about going through the JD/PS and highlighting models or core skills mentioned and linking your prior experience to them, and have a read/think around skills or issues that might be pertinent to the client group.
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Interview- Mental Health Support Worker

Post by miriam »

We have lots of general advice about preparing for interviews (and managing nerves) on the forum that you might want to look at, but please remember that soliciting or providing specific advice in relation to an interview for a course or job that is not in the public domain is against our forum guidance.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com