Inpatient Eating Disorder Interview - AP

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
psychie

Inpatient Eating Disorder Interview - AP

Post by psychie »

Hi everyone :) I’ve successfully achieved being offered an interview for an AP on an inpatient eating disorder ward so I’m brushing up on NHS policy and guidance when working with this client group.

I’ve downloaded this document, https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/u ... .pdf#page9 but I’m wondering if there are any other policies/guidance (other than NICE of course :wink: ) that may be useful for me to read?
alexh

Re: Inpatient Eating Disorder Interview - AP

Post by alexh »

psychie wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:08 pm Hi everyone :) I’ve successfully achieved being offered an interview for an AP on an inpatient eating disorder ward so I’m brushing up on NHS policy and guidance when working with this client group.

I’ve downloaded this document, https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/u ... .pdf#page9 but I’m wondering if there are any other policies/guidance (other than NICE of course :wink: ) that may be useful for me to read?
I suppose you've probably had your interview by now?

I recall with wry fondness my own forays into the research literature and policy documents prior to interviews. In retrospect I would question the need to, and wisdom of, going much beyond the relevant NICE guidance and possibly one or two other policy documents (like this one you have found).

I think particularly when moving into a new specialty there is a hope that maybe we can make up for our lack of experience with extra knowledge. For the most part I think concentrating on your own experience and thinking about how that might that might be applied to and inpatient ED setting will be more beneficial. No doubt a sprinkling of NICE guidance or reference to national policy can improve an answer but I think it is not the core of what is being looked for from an AP. Does the Person Specification request that you have it?