AP interview - Complex Behaviour Service

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
deenaljc

AP interview - Complex Behaviour Service

Post by deenaljc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi all,

I have been unsuccessful in 5 AP interviews in the last 4 months and it's really taking it's toll on me. Each interview has been in completely different sectors and I usually get told that I'm inexperienced as compared to the successful candidate :( However, my next interview is in an area I know pretty well (learning disabilities) but with children instead of adults. I am keen to gain child/adolescent experience so I am happy I have an interview, but I'm also worried about working with this population.

I have over a year's experience in learning disability services (Community and Inpatient) and have gained various skills and knowledge relevant to clinical and forensic psychology. My upcoming interview is for a Complex Behaviour Service (providing intensive support at home). I believe my communication skills are pretty much transferable from adults to children with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum conditions but if anyone has any additional advice with regards to working with children with LD's and complex behaviours, systemic/family working and conducting assessments with children it would be much appreciated!

Thank you! :)

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf