Essex interview feedback 2019

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
mayakuhl23

Essex interview feedback 2019

Post by mayakuhl23 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 am

Hi everyone

I applied to Essex and had an interview for the clinical doctorate course this year. I knew the interview didn't go well so I was not at all surprised when I wasn't offered a place. What did surprise me was the lack of feedback that I received. Firstly I had to request feedback and then received a 3 sentence email from them which I found to be incredibly vague and at complete odds with my perspective on my performance on the day. I requested some clarity on the feedback but never heard back. I've heard in previous years that they have offered proper feedback over the phone which leaves me wondering whether different candidates get differed levels of feedback which just seems downright unfair to me.....I was hoping to find out what people's feedback was like for those that interviewed this year?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Essex interview feedback 2019

Post by maven » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Why would you be surprised at needing to request feedback and being given a brief email response? I'd have thought that is more than most courses offer. They interview a lot of people!

And why on earth would it be "unfair" if different members of the panel give feedback in different ways, or they gave feedback differently to the previous year?
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare