Assistant Psychologist Interview - Memory Services - your help please :)

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
MISSGEE

Assistant Psychologist Interview - Memory Services - your help please :)

Post by MISSGEE » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Hi there,

I have an interview for an AP role within an older person's memory clinic next week.

Does anyone have experience with interview questions asked in this or similar contexts?

Your help is much appreciated :)

LondonAP

Re: Assistant Psychologist Interview - Memory Services - your help please :)

Post by LondonAP » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi MISSGEE

Well done on getting an interview! I think it's against forum rules to ask for interview questions as it gives an unfair advantage. I work partially in a memory clinic and I can suggest some broad guidance that would be applicable for any interview, which I hope is within the forum guidelines (apologies moderators if it's not!):

- Read up around the client group (so in this case people with memory issues/dementia) & and what the service does.
- Think about what the client group's & service's needs might be and how your experience equips you to help meet these.
- Review the job description and think of examples of how you meet the criteria.
-Think of some questions to ask at the end of the interview (best to prepare a few as they'll probably answer some during the interview).

Best of luck,

London AP

MISSGEE

Post by MISSGEE » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi London AP

Thank you for taking the time to share your advice and for outlining the forum rules - that's helpful to know!

Best wishes

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:13 pm

The forum rules are not only pinned to the main "about this forum" section, and referred to in many posts, but they are emailed to every person in the welcome PM. So there is no excuse not to be aware of them.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare