Sheffield Reserve List 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
YogaLilly

Post by YogaLilly » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi everyone!

Apologies if this is a repeat of a thread elsewhere, but I wondered if anyone knew how much the Sheffield reserve list moves, on average? Or if there was anyone out there that isn't going to take up their Sheffield offer? I understand there is no definitive answer to my question but I feel any info would slightly help contain my anxious wait until the deadline in June! I'm currently 8th on the reserve list, agh!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

han10

Re: Sheffield Reserve List 2016

Post by han10 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:00 pm

It can be a bit like - 'how long is a piece of string?' Some years reserve lists move lots, others not so much.

It may take a while to hear anything from Sheffield as well as they are relatively early in the process so others will be waiting until they have completed interviews elsewhere.

Sorry I cannot give you anything more than that to manage your anxiety. Congratulations on your reserve place - that is a major achievement (though I can understand that can feel a little - 'so close yet so far') but it really is an achievement.

Good luck if you have any other interviews, if not try to find some way in the coming months of parking this anxiety as best you can to keep you from the strain of waiting.

Good Luck!!

rocky2015

Post by rocky2015 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi YogaLilly,

I am a fellow Sheffield Reserve List applicant! I asked the lady on the phone, and she said last year it got down to no 6. I also know that those who got places found out early May last year. I know that might not feel particularly helpful right now - it's so hard to say year to year - I know one year for example Bath got down to reserve 15 and then the next year to no1.

Fingers crossed for you, as we are very early in the interview process still. Lots of Sheffield applicants might apply to other Northern cities like Leeds which aren't until the last week of April.

I know it's a horrible thing - do you have any more interviews to 'distract' yourself?! :roll:

YogaLilly

Post by YogaLilly » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated! I think it is the fact that I'm potentially reasonably close if the list does move, which is making me much more anxious than I thought! It's my second year applying and last year I was pretty far down the reserve list so I felt OK considering there wasn't even the slightest possibility of it moving that far... It's just the uncertainty of it all!! Congrats on your reserve place rocky2015, well done!! I thought the whole Sheffield process was tough and the interviewees in my group seemed so much stronger this year, it drains you by the end! Do they let us know when the reserve moves or do we need to ring them? I have an interview for Teeside in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping I get a better result for there! Do you have any more coming up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocky2015

Post by rocky2015 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 am

Hiya, Yes - I feel exactly the same way! It's such a frustration. For me, I was so pleased as I found the interview day very difficult - my group were so strong, and the written paper test was hard, and I felt I floundered in the interview too! - it's just hard to tell. So, to have a reserve list place rather than a flat out 'no' was promising, and I think we should be very proud, so well done to you too :)

Apparently they will contact us directly if we get to the top - but the lady (Sarah) kindly said we are welcome to call for an update, as obviously it might go down slowly, so we can monitor how close we are! I'll post on here if I hear anything, as I am third on the list.

I also have an interview at Teesside, so fingers crossed for there too. Teesside sounds like a very different interview - only one interview, and a presentation! Have you interviewed there before? I haven't, but I've heard it's a really nice 'clinical' course/interview, and a great NHS trust to work for.

ClaireEmma

Post by ClaireEmma » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:55 am

I'm sure it varies a lot from year to year and is impossible to predict. But to give you a rough idea I'm a first year trainee on another Northern course and there are 3 of us in my cohort (that I know of) who turned down places at Sheffield last year, so it moved a fair bit just after those interview results in early May. I turned down my place pretty much as soon as I got the other offer but I know someone who struggled to decide and it went almost to the deadline day. I think courses let you know when they are full. Good luck at your next interview.

rocky2015

Post by rocky2015 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks for your reply. I reckon after the Teesside, Leeds and Manchester results, we might know a little more. I *hope* it is likely to move a bit - just a question of how much! :?

Hazjr

Post by Hazjr » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but who did you contact in order to find out your position on the reserve list?

Thanks!

rocky2015

Post by rocky2015 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:54 am

Hi there, I just found out from the lady on the phone we called on the Monday, she said to speak to her (Sarah) on the number we had to call, or Jacqui who's number was on the original interview invitations.

clinpsymember

Post by clinpsymember » Tue May 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Hi,

sorry if this isn't quite the right place to post, but I was wondering if you had any idea how high a score you need out of 15 to get shortlisted? As in, did "everyone" seem to have 15, or is it possible to get shortlisted with lower scores?

Thanks!