The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
nicolaannolive

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2016

Post by nicolaannolive » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:36 pm

alexabrown90 wrote:
nicolaannolive wrote:Congratulations alexabrown90. :D
Thanks NicolaannOlive! I've got all my fingers crossed that the reserve list moves and you get a place!!
Awww thanks, that is very kind of you :)

moony

Post by moony » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Can we all have a collective "Boooooooo" for Bath who just sent me this:

"Thank you for applying for the DClinpsy course at Bath University.

As you know, you came very close to getting an interview here and this represents a significant achievement when one considers how many candidates initially apply.

Unfortunately, we will no longer be drawing candidates from the reserve list for our 2016 intake and will not be calling you for interview on this occasion.

Nevertheless, we would welcome an application from you in 2017 and would strongly encourage you to apply again next year.

I am sorry that we could not offer you an interview on this occasion and wish you well with future applications.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch.

Kind regards,"

Guess that makes it
UCL
Bath -->Bath
Edinburgh
UEL

Worst part was getting over excited when I saw an email from them in my inbox. Such short lived joy ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Boooooooooo!

Aw moony, that's so disappointing :(. I can totally understand the rollercoaster of emotions you felt between seeing the email and reading it :(. Bath are definitely on my naughty list this year!

moony

Post by moony » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks Perseohone. No Christmas presents for Bath this year. Meanies.

Fingers crossed I can smash the UEL interview!
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

jsv1990

Post by jsv1990 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:32 am

Surrey ->
Plymouth -> Plymouth
Salomons ->
Bath

Really pleased! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back about Surrey and Plymouth interviews

Flickk

Post by Flickk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Amazing! Well done jsv1990! :D

endedupageek

Post by endedupageek » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Congratulations jsv1990. It looks as though I'll be joining you at Plymouth. Were you at the interviews yesterday? Maybe we met :-).

sockmonkey

Post by sockmonkey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:48 pm

JSV1990 and Endedupageek, how did you find out from Plymouth? Did they call? I am impatiently waiting and have only received a silly email from them about the verification tests! Starting to think the worst now as its so late in the day.

jsv1990

Post by jsv1990 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks Flickk!

I interviewed on Wednesday endedupageek so didn't meet. Congratulations :D

And sockmonkey, yes it was via telephone. Good luck.

purpledot

Post by purpledot » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Have deliberated over posting results so far as I feel quite disappointed that my nerves got the better of me in my first interview this year and I froze mid-way through a question...

South Wales
Staffordshire
Plymouth >> Plymouth
Lancaster

Congrats to the successful Plymouth applicants :) It seemed like such an interesting and supportive course, and I met some lovely trainees and applicants on the day.

Looking forward to my Lancaster interview - I had a really friendly and positive experience there last year, so I'm excited to be back and am currently exploring ways to reduce my anxiety on the day to try to avoid a repeat performance!

Esme

Post by Esme » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:09 am

purpledot wrote:Have deliberated over posting results so far as I feel quite disappointed that my nerves got the better of me in my first interview this year and I froze mid-way through a question...

South Wales
Staffordshire
Plymouth >> Plymouth
Lancaster

Congrats to the successful Plymouth applicants :) It seemed like such an interesting and supportive course, and I met some lovely trainees and applicants on the day.

Looking forward to my Lancaster interview - I had a really friendly and positive experience there last year, so I'm excited to be back and am currently exploring ways to reduce my anxiety on the day to try to avoid a repeat performance!
Thank you for sharing purpledot. A few years back when I was first using the forum you didn't really have many people posting unless they'd been successful and I think it gave a skewed view of how many people were getting on and personally it made me feel rubbish! I find this a much more supportive forum now that people share their experiences either way. I really feel for you for your brown (I've had 3 myself previously and am expecting another this week!) and wish you all the best in your Lancaster interview.

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Bangor
Lancaster
Birmingham
Exeter

I'm disappointed about Exeter since it was a really pleasant interview day and I thought I had done well.

I know where you're coming from Purpledot. I had a traumatic interview years ago and it took me ages to recover from it. It helped me to remember that being unsuccessful then didn't mean I wasn't good enough, just that I didn't get it right on the day. I really hope you figure out what works for you. When is your Lancaster interview?

benmaccam

Post by benmaccam » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:17 pm

2015:

Essex
Lancaster
Leeds
Leicester

QUB Offered reserve place after course was cut from 10 to 7 :(

2016:

Essex
Newcastle

Trent :(
Liverpool
QUB

Fingers crossed!

Pinkcrocodile

Post by Pinkcrocodile » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Eeeek

Birmingham
Coventry & Warwick
Leicester
Oxford

Obviously I am very very happy and lucky to have an offer from Oxford :D

However, Cov&Warwick is my first choice, so I think I'm going to have to play the waiting game, as excruciating as it will be!

Good luck to you all :D

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Same scenario here, hmmm... :?