Assessments & Disabilities

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
SamH

Assessments & Disabilities

Post by SamH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi all just looking for some advice around the assessments and declaring a disability. I have dyslexia & dyscalculia (only diagnosed last year so all new to me), I noted it on all relevant sections of the Clearing House, but I'm wondering do I need to say it again to the courses? As I've received an email to book assessments for UEL and nothing is mentioned?

Also I'm doing in-person non verbal tests for UEL (and hopefully Lancaster if I am good enough to get through the online version), I would normally need some notes to help prompt me with any numerical tests (e.g. formula for percentage differences) would this be allowed?

Thanks in advance!

RJParker

Re: Assessments & Disabilities

Post by RJParker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi Sam,

Lancaster will be sending you an email asking you to get in touch if you have any disabilities which will impact your performance on the screening tests so that we can identify reasonable adjustments for your particular circumstances.

There is guidance on our website about this if you have a look in the Applicants section.

Rob

SamH

Re: Assessments & Disabilities

Post by SamH » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 am

Thanks Rob. Yes I've always found Lancaster information to be very straight forward. Unfortunately UEL have made no mention of it. I'll drop them an email and see what the next steps are. Thanks.