2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
becky1989

Re: 2018 Doctorate Application Progress thread

Post by becky1989 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Birmingham (5th on reserve list)
Coventry & Warwick (haven't heard anything yet so assuming a rejection letter is on it's way to me)
Staffordshire

I also withdrew from the Leicester course

Congrats to everyone for getting this far in the process, regardless of what colours you're posting.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Betterdaystocome

Post by Betterdaystocome » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 am

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back! Bath and South Wales better put me out of my misery soon! A courtesy rejection from Exeter would be nice too!

Roisin1991

Post by Roisin1991 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 am

Good luck everyone. This is my third time applying.

Bangor
Liverpool (4th place reserve)
Manchester (why do they hate me?)
Trent (test completed)

I'm very nervous about my first ever interview!

Betterdaystocome

Post by Betterdaystocome » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:57 am

So, according to the clearing house website I am also on the reserve list for Exeter, even though they never actually contacted me to tell me?! Bit weird, I hope it isn't a mistake!!

Exeter???
Plymouth

Bath
South Wales

lilachannah

Post by lilachannah » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:01 pm

My clearing house status has changed to "selected for interview" for Exeter but I've not heard from them either. I was waiting for a rejection email! :?

SamXO

Post by SamXO » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Newcastle
UCL
Glasgow
Edinburgh

I’ve literally been up every few hours through the night checking my emails. Waiting on a response from Glasgow and Edinburgh and to be truthful it’s making me sick

AryaStark

Post by AryaStark » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 pm

And my final results are...

Birmingham
Manchester
Lancaster
Liverpool

First time applying, didn't really expect to get any interviews so I'm very happy about Birmingham. Still can't help but feel disappointed about the others. But, there is always next year! And I guess it only takes one interview. :?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
-Max Ehrmann,"Desiderata"

penguin

Post by penguin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:59 pm

In my fourth year of applying and my season ends as
Essex
Herts
Leicester
Coventry & Warwick (not heard anything and assume it's a red)
In previous years I have had all reds and one reserve for interview. After some initial disappointment and upset, I'm now looking at this next year as a challenge to push myself and develop my skills further which can only be a positive asset for any future training whether it's Dclinpsy or another training path. I have some truly amazing psychologists in my service who are so supportive and encouraging, I am excited to see what this next year offers. I'm not ready to give up on my dream just yet! This process is so competitive and intense, I hope our similar experiences unite us. Big hugs to those who have received reds (be kind to yourself), congratulations to the greens and oranges for your achievement so far and good luck! :)

AryaStark

Post by AryaStark » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 pm

penguin wrote:In my fourth year of applying and my season ends as
Essex
Herts
Leicester
Coventry & Warwick (not heard anything and assume it's a red)
In previous years I have had all reds and one reserve for interview. After some initial disappointment and upset, I'm now looking at this next year as a challenge to push myself and develop my skills further which can only be a positive asset for any future training whether it's Dclinpsy or another training path. I have some truly amazing psychologists in my service who are so supportive and encouraging, I am excited to see what this next year offers. I'm not ready to give up on my dream just yet! This process is so competitive and intense, I hope our similar experiences unite us. Big hugs to those who have received reds (be kind to yourself), congratulations to the greens and oranges for your achievement so far and good luck! :)
Sending lots of hugs to you penguin and all the luck for next year! :D
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
-Max Ehrmann,"Desiderata"

Scot89

Post by Scot89 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I have heard from people who work on the Edinburgh course that results may not be out on time. Don't want to cause a panic but I think with the lecture strikes, it has been really difficult (although I fully support them striking). In case anyone (like me) is constantly checking their email, don't worry too much if you have nothing today. I think they're working really hard to get it out on time.

Betterdaystocome

Post by Betterdaystocome » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Exeter
Plymouth
South Wales

Bath

Apparently the universe wants me to be unbearably stressed for the next couple of months!

Kasiopea

Post by Kasiopea » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Third time applying... Very surprised and excited with the results!

Lancaster
Manchester
Staffordshire
- I might withdraw if I'm lucky with Manchester!
Liverpool - number 2 on the reserve list

:alien: :alien: :alien:

Should we do a thread to post any movements on the reserve lists?
Well done everyone for going through this very challenging and sometimes very draining process :D

AJ555

Post by AJ555 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Bangor
UCL
Cardiff

Bath

I'm quite sad about Cardiff as that is my preferred choice, but I'm also not surprised because the numerical reasoning test was awful! I don't have high hopes for Bath either but this is only my first time of applying.

HertfordshireHIT

Post by HertfordshireHIT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Anyone just get a rejection email from Teeside which was recalled and then another rejection sent... They got my hopes up for a minute there!

Eriya

Post by Eriya » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:57 pm

HertfordshireHIT wrote:Anyone just get a rejection email from Teeside which was recalled and then another rejection sent... They got my hopes up for a minute there!
Yep! Seemed somewhat cruel...