5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
nomnom

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by nomnom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:40 pm

sweetpea wrote:^ Fasting is so tough, nomnom. I hope you manage to find and embrace those steps to make it work for you.

1) First week of placement 2 was a mind-blowing total 180 from placement 1 (- in a good way!).
2) Feeling like I really need to stop, reflect and regroup to make the most of these next 6 months.
3) Need to rediscover some semblance of work/life balance.
4) Sunshine!!! :D
5) Also, stop procrastinating... :shock:

Thank you sweetpea and I hear you on the 'stop, reflect and regroup' notion!

1. I am tired and I can feel my body is giving up. I am going to be unwell and the timing couldn't be anymore inappropriate.

2. First CBT job interview! Woo! But can't go as I'm on holiday! Poo! But at least it shows my application is ok-ish.

3. 68 days until deadline!

4. Sunshine :-)

5. Fish and chips for dinner :D
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
CurlyHair
Team Member

Post by CurlyHair » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:55 am

1. I have 3 days left on training, I am not sure my brain can cope with that fact right now.
2. Fortunately, I am off to a film festival this weekend, which will be a nice distraction - endings are difficult.
3. I am going to buy a shiny new (to me) car, exciting!
4. A few weeks off before I start my first qualified post will be amazing.
5. It's sunny outside!

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:26 am

Congratulations on finishing training, Curly Hair. :D

1.) I have spent part of today looking at mortgages. :shock: I can't believe I'm thinking of buying a house.
2.) There is one house that I just fell in love with on sight. It's at the upper end of my budget, but there's nothing not to like about it. I really hope I can get it. It's so cosy and quirky.
3.) I went on a date with the friend of a friend. As I have PTSD that makes this sort of thing difficult, it was quite a big deal for me. I experienced some anxiety and a few flashbacks that made me forget what I was saying in the middle of my sentence, but on the whole I coped pretty well and I'm proud of myself for being brave and having most excellent mindfulness skills.
4.) Forget PTSD recovery milestones, forget potential home ownership - in the really significant news, I have got a cat. I think everyone needs a photo of the adorable.
5.) I have fitted my cello with a new A string. It sounds so much better. It's making me want to upgrade the other strings now.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 am

Oh my goodness congratulations on the cat lingua! Oh and the whole potential home ownership thing ha!

1.) I keep mulling over my interview and it’s exceptionally irritating - keep trying to let it go and move forward
2.) The waiting game is the worst
3.) So good to see both a friend I haven’t seen in a long time and my family (and dog) in one weekend
4.) Really not in the mood for work today
5.) Not sure I ever am in the mood anymore?! Definitely time to move on ASAP

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:45 am

Esuma apart from #3 I am completely with you... although 3 sounds nice too :lol:

Lingua your cat is beautiful!

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm

1. Just like that it is over. After 3 years of everything, it all amounted to just lessons. I have to be ok, I cannot afford to mourn this relationship at this time. I wish him well but it could have been different, I could not have tried for him though, it had to come from him.

2. Dubai cancelled. Not in the right frame of mind. Rebooked for Nov so that will be some nice winter sun.

3. 3 weeks until fasting starts - yikes!

4.Thank God for friends that keep you going no matter when you need them or where they are.

5. And breathe...

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:48 pm

1) I
2) Will
3) Steal
4) Lingua's
5) Cat!!!

Of course, I'm only joking. But S/he is adorable!!

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 pm

She is rather less adorable when she materialises on my face at four in the morning, demanding that I clear her litter tray of any undesirable contents RIGHT NOW. ;) Here is another photo, one that captures the full force of her commanding personality. She's ace. I don't know how I've got by without a feline in my life for all this time.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Sun May 06, 2018 10:34 am

^ I love a furball with personality. Brilliant.

1) Sunshine!!! :D
2) Writing my case report from a lounger in the garden isn't so bad.
3) Feeling super proud of my bus friend for how well she's managed the application season madness.
4) Also feeling weirdly nostalgic and contemplative about my own journey.
5) Did I mention the sunshine? I'm so ready for summer! 8)

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 am

1. Omg. Its still not over. I am lost for words. I don't understand how two people can through so much, ups and downs but not be able to just cut each other off! Its extremely frustrating! Here we go again...

2. Dubai might be on the cards sooner again. Hmm. Maybe in a few weeks?

3. First CBT job interview tomorrow - kind of nervous. Not been to an interview in nearly 3 years. I am doing some prep work today but not really sure what to expect...

4. 7/8 reflections done out of 12. 3 literature reviews and a 5000 word case study to go!

5. Weekend with the girls in Southend - yay!

NotReally

Post by NotReally » Tue May 15, 2018 4:21 pm

1) It's almost ramadan! Best time of the year for me, really looking forward to it.

2) Not to jinx it, but it seems summer is properly here 8)

3) Unfortunately that does seem to mean people who can't drive seem to appear out of the woodwork, will have to be extra alert.

4) I need a proper job :(

5) I wonder how much ice cream I can eat in the coming months? I think I should strive to eat as much as I can... to inform future research in the area, of course... :wink:

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed May 16, 2018 1:41 pm

1. I have a cold. I also have people to interview on Friday, a planning appeal to submit and two grant applications to complete by the end of the month. My brain is not up to the task.
2. We also have cats who make our lives better for being around. Three brothers we adopted a year ago. The biggest is all black and soppy as a beanbag. He'll find a cushion to sit on, and then roll over to show his belly and beg for fuss from anyone and everyone. The middle one is white with black patches and follows me around, sitting on the arm of the sofa when I'm at my computer, and purring like a tractor if I tickle him. The little black one with a white bib and toe is shy and tends to keep out of reach until everyone else has gone to bed and the house is quiet, when he will come sit with me on the sofa for some love.
3. I won a place on a business coaching program to help guide me to expand the business. It sounds like a good opportunity, but it involves six days in Birmingham, which is a fair bit of extra travel and runs the risk of being boring and/or going right over my head as they had lots of business jargon in the application like "supply chain efficiency" and "demand-capacity ratios". So I hope it is accessible and helpful to someone with only very basic business knowledge like myself.
4. My kids are turning 9 this month. Time flies. I hope they enjoy their birthday party at the local pottery painting place.
5. I love the many shades of green I can see from my window, and the sounds of insects and birds. We are so privileged to be in such a glorious location. But it takes a lot of work to keep on top of the nettles and brambles, there are too many wasps hanging about the porch roof, and I'm getting bitten by something - maybe mosquitoes, so my love of nature is not all encompassing.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

ChrisCross

Post by ChrisCross » Wed May 16, 2018 5:31 pm

1. So happy with how things are going on placement at the moment. I can already feel the confidence flooding back in and seem to be making great progress with the service users (relational approaches in therapy definitely seem to be my thing).

2. It's such a privilege to work with people who have been through so much and overcome so many obstacles in their lives. Every session seems to bring something new that blows me away with inspiration.

3. Since I'm in such a good mood I think I might treat myself to something later; keep the good going!

4. Seeing photos of people's pets is making me desperate to get a dumpy little corgi puppy (sadly no pets allowed in my flat!)

5. It's a fish and chips day I think (ooft).

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 pm

1. I've accepted clinical probably won't happen this year ( :( ) so I'm looking into other options for what to do for a year but I'm mentally exhausted

2. I want to sit in the sun but I can't use my laptop outside

3. Big family moral dilemma ongoing... not sure what to do

4. I should hopefully get my medical diagnosis on Thursday and start on the correct treatment after several years

5. I wish I could win the lottery so I could self-fund and train for all the things and never stop studying/learning

mungle

Post by mungle » Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 pm

1. @victoriamantic Sorry to hear that but hoe you have some wonderful life experiences over the next year.
2. @vicoriamantic As for number 2 - absolutely!!!!!
3. Well done Dr Liam! https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/20/believin ... s-7487842/
4. Sometimes my relationship with psychology needs some work ;-)
5. Taking time to reflect again upon my values and how I do meaningful work that grows from these