Any interest in an applications webinar?

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
sazzlesaz

Re: Any interest in an applications webinar?

Post by sazzlesaz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Hiya! For the form review is it the whole form you’d like sent or just the statement bits?

Thanks 😊

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:27 pm

We had a doodle poll, and it has settled on Sunday evening at 8pm.

And you can send either. I think people tend to find sending the whole form the most useful as I can comment on all the sections.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

sazzlesaz

Post by sazzlesaz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:40 pm

Thank you!

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:55 am

I wondered what people want to cover in the January session? Some ideas might be:

1) presenting your story at interview
2) overcoming anxiety
3) responding to a research paper
4) responding to a case vignette
5) designing research on a given topic

Let me know what you want to cover. We could then set up a session time with a doodle poll for subscribers (I'll send a link via pm).

If anyone wants to join who is not already subscribing, please drop me a pm for payment information.

I'll put up the link to the interactive whiteboard donation tomorrow. Donations so far have reached £537, but I decided to send the school the whole £2525 they need for the first whiteboard even though I'll still be working to raise the remainder of the money.
Miriam

Punkgirluk

Post by Punkgirluk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 am

I wonder if something around the shortlisting tests may be useful as that for many will be the next step? Otherwise overcoming anxiety would also be really useful as that would also be useful for the tests

nicoleks

Post by nicoleks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:50 am

Punkgirluk wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 am
I wonder if something around the shortlisting tests may be useful as that for many will be the next step? Otherwise overcoming anxiety would also be really useful as that would also be useful for the tests
I agree, something around the tests would be really helpful! Otherwise, overcoming anxiety is relevant throughout the whole process, so that would be useful

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm

I’d be happy with any of those topics, all sound useful! I have one screening test this year (Surrey) so as others have said that could be useful too!

Fluffy92

Post by Fluffy92 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:54 pm

I am also keen to cover shortlisting tests. I am hopefully doing the tests for Surrey and UEL. I would also find it helpful to cover responding to a research paper/designing research on a given topic.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 pm

I don't really have any knowledge about the tests to impart, as I've never taken one or been involved with setting one up or evaluating the results. However, if members of the group have specific questions, or want me to comment on group members' proposed answers to questions for one of the example tests available online that might be possible.
Miriam

Starling

Post by Starling » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 am

I would find it helpful to cover responding to a research paper and/or designing research on a given topic.

domca13

Post by domca13 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:36 pm

I would welcome mainly responding to a research paper and designing research on a given topic.

GreenOlive

Post by GreenOlive » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:59 pm

5) designing research on a given topic would be great since this task requires you to use your knowledge, be creative, and explain your study in a clear way - so challenging.. But I look forward to your thoughts on any of the outlined areas, Miriam!

dhillong

Post by dhillong » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Design research would be a great area to explore Miriam.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:30 pm

Sounds like there is a consensus for topic, and most people can attend next Sunday evening. So unless things change in the next couple of days, I'll run with that as the topic and time. I wonder if it would work to send out a PM an hour or so before the session to let people start thinking about the research they would design to answer a particular question? Anyone who can't attend in person can read this an hour before watching the video of the session if they want to gain the same experience.
Miriam

Starling

Post by Starling » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:50 pm

I think having some time before the actual webinar to think about how we would answer the research question would be really helpful!