Trainee Mental Health Worker Assessment Round

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
shikha1263

Trainee Mental Health Worker Assessment Round

Post by shikha1263 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

I've applied to a TMHW post which has a first round of assessment for about 4-5 hours at the center. This is my first assessment round so I have no idea what to expect. Would you guys know what the assessment might involve?

Thanks!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Ekorn

Re: Trainee Mental Health Worker Assessment Round

Post by Ekorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Have you contacted the person listed in the vacancy advert? They will probably be able to tell you what you can expect. You could also ask for an informal visit.

shikha1263

Post by shikha1263 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Ekorn wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 pm
Have you contacted the person listed in the vacancy advert? They will probably be able to tell you what you can expect. You could also ask for an informal visit.
Hi, I hadn't. Thanks for the advice. I've asked them now.

NR321

Post by NR321 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi there, I did the interview for this course last year. It consisted of three questions with a panel, which you had 5 minutes to answer. However, the questions were given to use beforehand. There was also a test which everyone passed and isn't worth any jitters!