UEL assessment test

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Post Reply
faryalkhan97
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm

UEL assessment test

Post by faryalkhan97 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello, been invited to the assessment day for UEL. Quite confused as to what is coming up, can anyone help clarify? They put up the text below;

If you have been invited to attend by UEL, or Salomons-CCCU, or both, you are required to undertake additional selection tests as follows:
(a) Research MCQ,
(b) Situational Judgement.

If you have been invited to attend by the Surrey programme and UEL, you are required to undertake additional selection tests as follows:
(a) Research MCQ,
(b) Written task,
(c) Situational Judgement.


I just applied to UEL, does this mean I will have a written task? Bit thrown off by the wording and my anxiety is making me second guess myself! Please help!

clairef
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by clairef » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 pm

No written task if you didn't apply for those other unis
Good luck

faryalkhan97
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by faryalkhan97 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:04 am

Thank you so much for your quick response!

User avatar
miriam
Site Admin
Posts: 7792
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Bucks
Contact:

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by miriam » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:20 pm

That is ambiguous, as it implies Surrey alone or UEL alone don't get the extra tasks, but if you are invited to both you need to do them. Either that, or UEL has been put in twice with contradictory information! I'd contact them to ask.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

clinlecturer
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:33 am

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by clinlecturer » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:03 pm

For clarity the writing task is Only for applicants to the Surrey course. Those applicants will be tested at UEL if they were also accepted by UEL, otherwise they will be tested at Surrey.

faryalkhan97
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by faryalkhan97 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:11 am

miriam wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:20 pm
That is ambiguous, as it implies Surrey alone or UEL alone don't get the extra tasks, but if you are invited to both you need to do them. Either that, or UEL has been put in twice with contradictory information! I'd contact them to ask.
Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who saw the ambiguity!

faryalkhan97
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by faryalkhan97 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

clinlecturer wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:03 pm
For clarity the writing task is Only for applicants to the Surrey course. Those applicants will be tested at UEL if they were also accepted by UEL, otherwise they will be tested at Surrey.

This makes lots of sense - hope this is the case!

ZedBee
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by ZedBee » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 am

faryalkhan97 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:40 pm
Hello, been invited to the assessment day for UEL. Quite confused as to what is coming up, can anyone help clarify? They put up the text below;

If you have been invited to attend by UEL, or Salomons-CCCU, or both, you are required to undertake additional selection tests as follows:
(a) Research MCQ,
(b) Situational Judgement.

If you have been invited to attend by the Surrey programme and UEL, you are required to undertake additional selection tests as follows:
(a) Research MCQ,
(b) Written task,
(c) Situational Judgement.


I just applied to UEL, does this mean I will have a written task? Bit thrown off by the wording and my anxiety is making me second guess myself! Please help!
I've also been invited to UEL, but concerned about the amber weather warning alert out. Any one know if this will affect us tomorrow? I really hope not! Good luck all :-D

faryalkhan97
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by faryalkhan97 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:44 am

Oh no! hopefully it's not too bad! Good luck to all xx

skyscraper
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 am

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by skyscraper » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:08 am

wow - anyone else find the research part tough as nails?!

blaman444
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by blaman444 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:36 am

I found the multiple choice questions tricky! About as hard as I expected, just didn't expect the meta analysis questions!

User avatar
Spatch
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:18 pm
Location: The other side of paradise
Contact:

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by Spatch » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm

If those tests are going to be effective, they are going to have to have high ceilings and the ability to discern between people who may have PhDs. They aren't designed to be aced, so with the additional pressure of having a limited timeframe I would expect almost everyone sitting them will struggle with them. Unless you are absolutely certain you've bombed on them, probably worth holding off worrying about the outcome just yet.
Shameless plug alert:

Irrelevant Experience: The Secret Diary of an Assistant Psychologist is available at Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Irrelevant-Expe ... 00EQFE5JW/

blaman444
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by blaman444 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Spatch wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm
If those tests are going to be effective, they are going to have to have high ceilings and the ability to discern between people who may have PhDs. They aren't designed to be aced, so with the additional pressure of having a limited timeframe I would expect almost everyone sitting them will struggle with them. Unless you are absolutely certain you've bombed on them, probably worth holding off worrying about the outcome just yet.
Yep, of course, it was always going to be difficult. Look after yourselves through this process everyone, and good luck!

AngieAndersson
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Re: UEL assessment test

Post by AngieAndersson » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:41 am

I was completely taken back. I had expected more broader questions. However these were pretty specific. Nervously awaiting the results.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests