The Cathartic thread - rant here!

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
hawke

Re: The Cathartic thread - rant here!

Post by hawke »

I'm experiencing my first real episode of disability-related systemic discrimination. The extra life admin and the delays to normal processes (like being recruited into my first qualified job) are ridiculous. I feel totally drained of energy and time. Right now, clinical psychology and the NHS do not feel like disability-friendly spaces.
miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam »

Sorry to hear that. I hope it resolves soon.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
This forum is free to use. If you find the site useful, you are welcome to contribute the cost of a cup of coffee to our running costs.
workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama »

I have my yearly selection of MSc and MRes students. I've just had the first meeting with one, who appears *entirely* disorganised and unready for postgrad level work/work in general. I won't give the details here, but just wanted to mini-rant that I am now dreading what will emerge over the coming months :-(
Fail, fail again, fail better.
miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam »

Grr. A grant funder who told us about a grant we were entitled to apply for 3 days before the deadline, who then entirely contradicted their own requirements in their "quick easy" (massive, 8 week) due diligence process, made it almost impossible to deliver the project in the timeline by shortening a 9 week window to 5 weeks including xmas/new year, then threatened not to pay our claim if we went past 5pm on the day they sent the email at 3pm, before the next day having to admit there are 14 more days before the deadline.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
This forum is free to use. If you find the site useful, you are welcome to contribute the cost of a cup of coffee to our running costs.
KadeKempson

Post by KadeKempson »

I dislike my research component of the doctorate- I don't know why writing this up is so troublesome! It doesn't help that I'm procrastinating right now, eating chocolate biscuits and thinking about watching Cold Case on Amazon Prime! It's nice to acknowledge it!