Plymouth trainee 2022 - placements question

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course
anilebrobro

Plymouth trainee 2022 - placements question

Post by anilebrobro »

Hello,

Hope I'm posting this in the right section!

I'm due to start as a trainee at Plymouth in September and have been told I'm being allocated to Cornwall (exactly where has not been specified yet). During the presentation shown after the interview, I think they said that you can get the option of getting paid hotel/airbnb places whilst on placements (e.g. 3 days a week) if in Cornwall. Does anyone know more about this/have experience of it themselves?

Ideally I'd like to share a flat in Plymouth with my partner and be able to go back to this the days I'm not on placement and at university for teaching. Is this unrealistic? I'm relocating from London and we need to be out of our flat here by the end of July so getting a bit stressed about sorting accommodation etc.

Grateful for any insights :D
Advertisement
Any Psychologists out there want to come and join us? We have an opportunity for an additional clinical/practitioner psychologist to join our highly skilled, tight knit, diverse clinical team https://www.amplify-yp.com/work-with-us