Reserve offers thread 2023

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
chichinacho

Reserve offers thread 2023

Post by chichinacho »

This thread is to track movement on reserve lists. Use the post heading to specify the course you are referring to, or to check which course posts are talking about. These threads have been consolidated by forum admins because having a separate thread for each course means that people who are not in that position but want to check the new content on the forum would have to fish through 40+ threads about reserve lists to find other content.

Hi,

Any updates on people who are NOT accepting a place at Bangor this year would be soooo appreciated!

Thank you :)
Last edited by maven on Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Msstitcher

Re: Bangor reserve offers 2023

Post by Msstitcher »

I have declined my offer at Bangor this morning so there will be movement. I am hoping that this makes someones' day as I don't know if you are told where you are on the reserve?

(I have received an offer closer to home which works for my family situation, but Bangor look so blooming amazing that it was with a weird bitter sweetness that I turned this offer down)
Diathesis

Oxford Reserve Offers 2023

Post by Diathesis »

I hope nobody minds me starting this thread!

I was wondering whether any candidates that have been offered a place at Oxford were planning to turn it down for another offer? Or have other interviews later in the coming month(s) that would be your 'first choice' over Oxford?
JasPsy

UEA Reserve Offers 2023

Post by JasPsy »

Hello all,

Thought i would make a thread for UEA reserve offer holders.

It can be difficult waiting on the reserve list and not knowing your place on the list. Thought it could be nice to have a place for UEA reserve list to communicate during this uncertain time.

It would be great to hear of any movement on the reserve list and from offer holders who are thinking about declining their offer for another Uni :)
bebychicken

Re: UEA Reserve Offers 2023

Post by bebychicken »

Thank you so much for creating this space :-D I am also on the reserve list and hoping for a chance
I agree, I wish UEA had announced our rankings as it would alleviate my anxiety!

- Sending love in solidarity, hope you are taking care of yourself :flower: x
pugly

Post by pugly »

I am on the reserve list too and would love any updates on whether it has moved! This is a very long and anxious wait!
JasPsy

Post by JasPsy »

bebychicken wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:19 am Thank you so much for creating this space :-D I am also on the reserve list and hoping for a chance
I agree, I wish UEA had announced our rankings as it would alleviate my anxiety!

- Sending love in solidarity, hope you are taking care of yourself :flower: x
You're welcome, its an anxious time for us on the reserve list so nice to reach out to others in the same boat :)

It would be so helpful if we knew our rank on the list.

Thank you, I hope you are taking care of yourself too x
JasPsy

Post by JasPsy »

pugly wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:41 pm I am on the reserve list too and would love any updates on whether it has moved! This is a very long and anxious wait!

I know two people so far have go on from the reserve list. Hoping it continues to keep moving for us all :)
rjm

Teesside 2023 Reserve Offers

Post by rjm »

Hi, thought I’d start a thread for Teesside reserve offers list to keep track of movement.

As our rankings in reserve list are not stated would be a good place to see if any movement going on.

Also a reminder about the reserve offer applicant Q&A which is happening in May :D
dvr14

Re: Sheffield Reserve offers thread 2023

Post by dvr14 »

Sheffield reserves - I am just wondering what is typical movement for Sheffield? This is my first time applying, so unfamiliar with how much things can change! I started on # 17 which feels like it could go either way (but mostly thinking it is unlikely to become a place).
dvr14

Re: Manchester Reserve offers thread 2023

Post by dvr14 »

Hi, also posting for Manchester. I am finding being on reserve difficult for Manchester as they’ve not offered any rankings - would be very grateful to hear of movement :)
chichinacho

Re: Bangor reserve offers 2023

Post by chichinacho »

Msstitcher wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:31 am I have declined my offer at Bangor this morning so there will be movement. I am hoping that this makes someones' day as I don't know if you are told where you are on the reserve?

(I have received an offer closer to home which works for my family situation, but Bangor look so blooming amazing that it was with a weird bitter sweetness that I turned this offer down)
Thanks so much for sharing! Congratulations on your offers!! :D
Kpsych

Newcastle DClinPsy Reserve List tracking 2023

Post by Kpsych »

Hi everyone,

I couldn’t find any further information anywhere so I was hoping to start this topic so we could maybe help each other to track the reserve places on the Newcastle dclinpsy for 2023.

Please post if you:
•Are on the reserve list & what reserve number you are (if you’d like to share)
•Have rejected a place on the Newcastle Dclin
•Have accepted a place on the course and were on the reserve list (& what reserve number you were)

Well done everyone for making it through this interview season! Hopefully this thread might help to ease some uncertainty for some on the reserve list :D
cookiemonster29

Re: Surrey Reserve offers thread 2023

Post by cookiemonster29 »

Hi! Anyone declining their Surrey offer, would greatly appreciate it you could let us know here:)

Also does anyone know at what stage do unis know how many places they have for each year? It seems that they have an initial number of confirmed places but I wonder if they tend to increase afterwards since there has been more funding in the last few years...
lovelyjubbly

Re: Salomons Reserve offers thread 2023

Post by lovelyjubbly »

Hi, if anybody is declining their Salomons reserve offer please do respond!

I'm not sure whether my place is quite low or high in proportion to how many people are being offered reserve places so would be interested to hear if anybody might know.
Hard to feel satisfied with the response when things still seem very much up in the air and uncertain.