Trainee Forensic Psychologist Role HMPPS

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!
verdixo

Trainee Forensic Psychologist Role HMPPS

Post by verdixo »

Hi Everyone,

New to this site, but just wanted to say how helpful it has been when preparing for some of my own interviews.

I recently had an interview for a trainee forensic psychologist role at HMPPS. Although I am not permitted to say what specific questions I was asked during the interview. I will say that the team were really friendly, the whole interview process was really thought out and made me feel at ease. Initially I was dreading the interview as I have never had to do a written test or a role play before, but it was not as bad as I had anticipated and I wished I hadn't spent so much time worrying. You don't really need to prepare much but I found going over my MSc Forensic Psychology notes very helpful and useful.

I am quite an anxious person especially when it comes to interviews, and I left this interview feeling quite positive even though I tripped over my words at times.

Hope this helps anyone going for a similar role and if you have any questions feel free to message me :D